Friday 6 January 2012

Happy New Year!

It is now officially getting closer to our daughters due date! We are in 2012! :)
Peter and I had a New Years Project of building the baby a Rocking Sheep! And we did it!!
And if I may say so myself, it is pretty perfect!
Well done Papa Poppin... your fantastic measurements and eye for detail have payed off!

Before Christmas Peter and I were walking around Strömstad and saw a small sheep made out of wood and wool in a very sweet little shop.
It made me think that a rocking sheep would be perfect for our little girl. Peter said that he could build a nicer one. At the time I was slightly doubtful whether it would happen ;) :).
(I completely take that back now!!)
Here is a similar picture of what the rocking sheep looked like in the shop.

After Peter was finished at the SIM in Stansted, he travelled back to Skavsta to spend New Years with me at his parents home.
I was looking online on google images pictures of rocking sheep to get a few ideas and see what the costs were.
These were the favourite ones I found

But we decided to take a project and right there and then build one :)

The wood that we used to build the sheep was originally used for building Peters parents house in the 1940's. They were old wooden planks that were found in their garden.

We bought a sheep skin from Ikea and a pillow for padding for sitting on the sheeps back.

I made shaped the leather ears from an old handbag that used to belong to Peters Mum when she was younger! :)

And here is our final result!













No comments:

Post a Comment